Re: Gallery comments

I think you are close, Walt.  From my recollections from a farm when I was a boy, about 60 years ago, it was used for shelling corn, stripping the kernels from the cob.  Husking gloves, as I recall, had a hook on them.  This was before combines when corn pickers just threw the ears into the wagon and the husking and shelling had to be done by hand.
Don

Walter Mayes wrote:
    Looks to me as though it may be a glove that is worn to shuck (husk) corn.

Walt Mayes