Gallery comments

Jack Klasey

The Duomo, Florence:  I like this a lot.  It looks like a pen and ink drawing and really gives the feel of a 13th century structure.  The angle this photo was taken at makes for a dynamic image.

Alan Zinn
Cotswold Cottage. Greenfield Village, Michigan:  I want to live there!  This is a beautiful image because it hit me emotionally.   It looks like a fantasy village and cottage and I want to be part of that fantasy.

Dan Mitchell
Thames Tugboat:  In this photograph my eye keeps going from the tug boat to the scenery behind it.  I can't quite decide which is the main subject, but I like the information the image offers.  This is a scene I probably won't get to see in person and for that it is valuable for me.

John Palcewski
Susan Sontag:  Sontag's eyes are mesmerizing; I'd like to know what she is thinking.  Was this taken during the one minute time period Sontag gave you to take her photograph (Precise, Literal, Unforgiving, Part 5)?

Andrew Brooks
Possum Valley:  This image takes me back to the movie, The Yearling.  I can see "Jody" walking down the rickety planks and getting in the row boat with his dog.  This photograph tells a story and for this it is very successful.

Andrew Sharpe
Cactus 2:  Fascinating, unusual and has an almost sensual feel  - except for the thought about the spines this cactus might have  .This took a photographer's eye to see what was hidden to most, probably, in this cactus.

Mark Harris
Inna:  A nice pose.  Inna looks relaxed, yet alert (does that matter?).  Well done.

Emily Ferguson
The videographer:  I like the red shirt in the almost monochrome photograph.  It would help me focus on the subject if some of the right hand side of the photograph were cropped.  As it is, however, it gives a good feel of what is taking place on the boat.