Re: How many----?

On Thu, October 22, 2009 22:57, Tina Manley wrote:
> karl shah-jenner wrote:
>> | But you can get them with a digital rangefinder - Leica M9 - and Leica
>> | lenses wide open.
>>

>> I had a Canon f0.95 lens on one of my 35mm cameras, and even with that
>> shallow a DoF there was no comparison - the larger formats beat the
>> stuffing out of it for shallow DoF and out of focus backgrounds
>>
> Canon lenses have absolutely no relation to Leica lenses.  There is no
> comparison.

Um, the DOF would be very similar, though.  For the same focal length and
aperture.  Sharpness, bokeh, overall "look", would no doubt differ
considerably, but that wasn't what was said to be the issue.  I suppose
it's possible that the DOF was actually fine, but other flaws lead karl to
reject the approach; however, he was talking very specifically about DoF
being the issue.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info