Re: How many----?

Tina writes:

Herschel wrote:
> 6x7 (Film) is excellent for modern food photography because of the
> shallow depth of field due to the larger format . You just can't get
> those shots with the medium format digital backs and certainly not
> with "35mm" DSLRs

| But you can get them with a digital rangefinder - Leica M9 - and Leica
| lenses wide open.

I had a Canon f0.95 lens on one of my 35mm cameras, and even with that
shallow a DoF there was no comparison - the larger formats beat the
stuffing out of it for shallow DoF and out of focus backgrounds

I'm with Herschel on this - a shallow DoF is a beauiful thing, and
something which keeps steering me back to film.  I have in 35mm, a 400:4.5
and a 135:2 to play with .. and no digital body to take advantage of these
beauties

and some nice MF and lenses (pining for the 135:f1.8 4x5 Seiko lens I once
got to use)  including a stuning Bausch & Lomb 500mm:5.6 tele (yes, TELE)
8x10 lens

so film it is for some things

..just not professionally (no one is prepared to pay)