a sample midterm in a high speed/time lapse course

If you are looking for something to maybe entertain you I just
finished preparing a midterm exam for my fall class. To amplify
this is not your usual midterm as it is not required. As part of
the "grading" process students are asked to turn in 8 illustrated
technical reports about 9 different topics covered during the
10 week period. If they earn more than a 50% on this optional
exam then they can use this exam as one of the 8 technical
reports - meaning they only have to write about 7 final reports.

The exam also serves the purpose of acquainting these students
with my "style" of questions. The final exam is also optional
and a bit more demanding but if they don't take it or get a
sufficiently high score they can't attain a grade higher than C.
Some choose to go south instead of taking the final exam! ;)

You can obtain a copy of this sample exam as a PDF from:

http://people.rit.edu/andpph/a-misc/2009-Midterm HS-TL.pdf

* andy     o o  0 0 o   o  at RIT's Imaging and Photo Tech Dept *
* davidhazy \/\/\/\/\/\/   High Speed Photo Lab  andpph@xxxxxxx *