Re: densitometers

There are a number of densitometers, including X-Rites on eBay right now.  Many around $50 or so.  You should be able to find something there.
Don

ADavidhazy wrote:
I seem to recall that in the book 101 Experiments in Photography by Todd and Zakia they suggested using a light meter as the basis for building a densitometer. I also seem to recall I made one of these at one time. In fact, I have a picture of it somewhere but no details.

On the commercial side X-Rite used to sell small battery powered (or AC) portable units but unfortunately I don't know where you can get these.

All in all this posting does not seem to be of much help. :(

Andy