denisometers

Well I am interested in doing a bit more experimentation, and reality
its probably a step I should have taken years ago.  I have always been
an it looks right kind of guy instead of a numbers kind of guy and just
really felt a need to put numbers to my black an white work.  Yes its
slowed the learning curve down at times.  Yet after a while a look at a
negative seemed to be just fine.

I am now curious about how my calibrated eyeball compares with the
numbers.  I wonder what a lower cost, decent denisometer would run and
what brands, makes, models ect I should look for an which ones I should
avoid.  As always help is greatly appreciated.

Mark