Re: PF member's exhibit on 10-10-09

Hi all,

Here are my reactions to this week's gallery.

<SNIP>
Subject: PF member's exhibit on 10-10-09

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated OCT 03, 2009. Authors with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html include:

  Lea Murphy - Adobe

The composition is very good. I like the texture and pattern of tones in the adobe.

  John Palcewski - Maria

A beautiful portrait of Maria. I like the way the natural light falls on her but feel there is a bit too much fill. In B&W I happen to like portraits like this to have more contrast and deeper blacks. I do like the hair falling over her eye, a nice touch.

  Laurenz Bobke - In the hands of a Giant

A very nice image. The dark background contrasts well with the bird and hand in the light. The diagonal of the arm draws my eye in as well.

  Roger Eichhorn -

Simple but effective. The composition works even though the pigeon is centered. A nice balance of the bright sky and dark building.

  Don Roberts - Toad Lilies

The photographed looks enhanced but it still works on that level. It might have been interesting if you had rotated the camers so the twig comes out closer to the corner.

  Emily L. Ferguson - Down the Hatch

A very well made action shot. Sailboat racing is very interesting in general but the details, as you captured here, are things most people don't see. This must have been a tough exposure situation which you handled well.

  Michael Hughes - 10.3.2009 12.45 Lunch with the De Veres at Dunston Hall

A nice archetectural image of Dunston Hall but it doesn't say lunch to me. You did a nice job keeping the building square.

  Mark Lent - Moment of Joy

A very well captured image of a moment of action. The D200 certainly holds reds well.

<SNIP>

Mark Harris
gsphotoguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://gsphotoguy.photography.com/