Re: PF exhibit on 09-12-09

Thanks for the comment, Chris. The lady in the photo is Gissel; her late father was German and her mother a Filipina. Dragon boating is a popular athletic activity in many countries now and international competitions are held regularly. Last week, the Philippine Dragon Boating Federation won in the Czech Republic: http://www.pdbf.com/?p=269.

As no one has noticed, yet, let me add that the stick in the photo is not a paddle. It's just a cylindrical piece of wood I found somewhere in the house. With a saw I cut a portion of it -- about four inches long -- and asked Gissel to pretend that it's a handle.

Chris wrote:
                 Elson T. Elizaga - Dragon Boat Lady
[Chris] I have heard of dragon boats and I think they were Chinese war
canoes so they must have somehow got to the Philippines. The lady does not
look like a Philippine as she looks European. I am ignorant as to where the
Philippines are but they may be closely linked to Pacific America. How the
peoples and cultures of the world are getting mingled. I suppose this is a
good thing. She certainly looks very fit.

believed to be clean.