RE: PF exhibit on 09-12-09

The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated SEP 12, 2009.
Authors
with work now on display at: http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html
include:

                 Rene M Hales - Rain Forest (Infrared)
[Chris] This picture does not exploit the infra red characteristic of white
foliage and so the image is lost for me. It does not look like a rainforest
but temperate woodland of ancient trees with some trees fallen. This image
does not stir much emotion in me except my feeling of some loss of mobility
through heart disease because of the apparent remoteness of the location. I
could never go there. Of course it might be right beside the road!

                 Elson T. Elizaga - Dragon Boat Lady
[Chris] I have heard of dragon boats and I think they were Chinese war
canoes so they must have somehow got to the Philippines. The lady does not
look like a Philippine as she looks European. I am ignorant as to where the
Philippines are but they may be closely linked to Pacific America. How the
peoples and cultures of the world are getting mingled. I suppose this is a
good thing. She certainly looks very fit.

                 Greg Fraser - Garden Party
[Chris] I like the concept of the picture within the picture inside the wine
glass. However it would have been nice if we could have seen the head of the
child in the direct view. It sums up the essence of a summer garden party -
nice one.

                 John Palcewski - Lara
[Chris] This image of Lara shows a young woman's face and I particularly
liked the sculpturing of the upper mouth and nose and this reminds me of the
damage I sustained to this sensitive part of my face in childhood and as a
young man. The damage is such that it puts everyone off me, except, it
seems, Edit and Mum. The image shows a carefully executed exposure and print
probably with a medium format camera with film and paper as the media -
always the best.
                 Christopher Strevens - Girl Friend
[Chris] Just a holiday snap shot with my pocket digital camera.

                 Stephen Ylvisaker - Praying Mantis 11-9-09
[Chris] I liked the story more that the picture. I recall these animals from
my time of military service in Indonesia during the Indo-China war
(Americans may call it Vietnam) back in the 1960's. I recall I was injured
and before I was airlifted out these critters took a great deal of interest
in my wound when they went in at the side they came out of my stomach. I
thought I had died. Now I'm old and my heart is failing and the grim reaper
is soon to take me. So this picture has bad karma for me. Bad memory for all
the people (soldiers) I killed. War is so utterly pointless and it seems no
progress has been made. Our weapons just get better, why don't we throw them
all away and try the methods of peace to make the world a better place for
all of us. Was there any point in my life? Did I get anywhere? Did I achieve
anything? No! No! No!

Chris.

PS - I am very depressed.