Re: The Nature Conservancy's Digital Photography Contest

It seems to get tougher continually for professional photographers. I'd
like to see examples of rights grabber's catalogs. Who are they? Can
anyone point to a specific instance where they lost business to them?
Or is it just part of the general malaise - photographers feeling picked
upon by a better (sneaky-er!?) business plan, royalty-free CD's,
idiot-proof digital cameras, and on and on? I recall the same screams of
unfair, unfair at the purveyors of royalty-free CD albums way back when.

Recently I mentioned my difficulty finding decent images on Getty and
Corbis.  The commercial illustration shots are with few exceptions
laughably awful, unworthy of a $19.98 CD. If the rights grabbers are
"stealing" good stuff and it's no better than the other collections I
don't really care. The better commercial workers get big bucks and
deservedly so. I doubt that they worry about loosing jobs to the stock
houses.

AZ

LOOKAROUND - Since 1978
Build a 120/35mm Lookaround!