Re: The Nature Conservancy's Digital Photography Contest

Emily L. Ferguson writes:

Value is measured by earning levels in the US, and in many other cultures.

The less you earn, the less valuable you are.  The less your
photographs earn, the less they're worth.
--

I was going to cite the story I heard about how little Weston charged per
print

yet his images are highly prized today, and subsequently the monetary value
has increased over time.