Re: PF Exhibit on AUG 01, 2009

At 8:37 AM -0400 8/1/09, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated AUG 01, 2009.
Authors' work is on display at http://people.rit.edu/andpph/gallery.html

          D.L. Shipman - Fetched up hard aground

People do amazing things with old boats. Photographers do interesting, but not necessarily effective things with Photoshop filters!

          Marilyn Dalrymple - Chinese Gardens

A classic approach, interesting how unChinese the cloverleaf opening is. The objects on the other side don't seem very chinese either, and for that reason I think I'd change the title to Gardens.

          Trevor Cunningham - kelly and dogs

Strange posture Kelly has there. Not quite being dragged by the dog, but no visible motivation for leaning so far forward. Not quite certain the IR is much motivated either.

          Valery Firsov - Photographers.

Nothing in Valery's images is accidental so I assume the strong placement on the left with the interesting doorknob and partly open door on the right was intended. Nice sharpness and very good capturing the moment too.

          John Palcewski - City of Comics

Not attractive to me, but must be for some, like Greg Fraser and Bobbert Earnest.

          Christopher Strevens - The Family

Life takes strange and sad turns and this sure is one. A common snapshot of tender times, lost in the mist of the now. These are the pictures that sit on dressers in little wooden frames with cardboard fold-out stands and cause their owners to stand in bittersweet thought each night before retiring.

          Greg Fraser - 3rd

Every cliché in the trade - binocs, big stomach hanging over belt, people going about their diverse businesses, large bulbous phallic symbols. American life.

Thanks to Andy and his ephemeral crew for keeping this going. Some weeks I get inspired to comment and I'm glad others do also.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx