Re: PF Exhibit on AUG 01, 2009

Nice collection of images this go-round.

My two cents' worth:

D.L. Shipman - Fetched up hard aground    This image would be much more effective had the camera been brought down a couple of stops to eliminate the areas of gross overexposure.   This kind of sunlit scene is a tough subject to handle, but it's always easier to bring out some detail in a slightly underexposed image than trying to salvage detail from an overexposed one.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Chinese Gardens   Placed as if by design, this image is an example of a more pleasing balance between illuminated and shaded areas.   If it were mine, I'd crop  out a portion of the top.  Otherwise an interesting composition.

Trevor Cunningham - kelly and dogs   Seems there's a competition between the tree and the man and his dog.   What's the real subject here?   I'd vote for the latter, and crop in tighter.

Emily L. Ferguson - Abbey, Whitby   A profusion, an excess of arches!   That's probably what annoyed Hank.   I'd be inclined to tweak the brightness and contrast just a bit.

Valery Firsov - Photographers.   Delightful candid shot, which doubtless pleased the parents.  To improve this I'd move in much closer to the girls and get rid of the empty space.

Christopher Strevens - The Family   One wonders, who are the two that have not attended this lunch or dinner?  Are they happy or sad they aren't there?   I'd prefer to see this image more sharply focused.

Greg Fraser - 3rd  There's a lot going on here, but it's not confusion because the composition and subject placement are excellent.   Everything holds together, and we know exactly where we are and we can almost hear the roar of the aircraft above.