Re: 'Leica S2 Medium format DSLR hitting UK scene in October '

    The key point is that it is not a full frame 35mm although some on the Internet talk and think it is.  It is the same shape as a 35mm camera and I assume similar in size and I assume it is no heavier than the Leica SRL of the earlier 1070's which was a hefty beast.
    Some say that a full 35mm sensor will max out at 25.4 megapixels because of diffraction and other optical problems will make more megapixels useless. The number thrown around for the max out of medium format is 39 megapixels but the question of just what medium size format they are referring to isn't mentioned.
    I generally consider any format with a 2.25" on one side to be medium format. That translates to 57mm . We could  call the new Leica sub-medium format but if it produces quality equal to a medium format film camera output then we need to change our definition of medium format for the digital age.
Roy