Re: 'Leica S2 Medium format DSLR hitting UK scene in October '

Roy:

    The key point is that it is not a full frame 35mm although some on the
Internet talk and think it is.

gotcha.  In that case yes, I understand your point :)

It is the same shape as a 35mm camera and I assume similar in size and I
assume it is no heavier than the Leica SRL of the earlier 1070's which was
a hefty beast.

Interesting that they decided to work with that shape rather than style it
like a traditional MF camera.

    I generally consider any format with a 2.25" on one side to be medium
format. That translates to 57mm . We could  call the new Leica sub-medium
format but if it produces quality equal to a medium format film camera
output then we need to change our definition of medium format for the
digital age.
Roy

just calling it a high MP camera with an XxY suffices really.  Non
photographers won't give a hoot, photographers will just accept it as it is
:)

nice call though Roy.  it's certainly a nice idea to have such a big sensor
in a convenient body style.