Re: 'Leica S2 Medium format DSLR hitting UK scene in October '

David Dyer-Bennet

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:

>     Some say that a full 35mm sensor will max out at 25.4 megapixels
> because of diffraction and other optical problems will make more
> megapixels useless. The number thrown around for the max out of medium
> format is 39 megapixels but the question of just what medium size
> format they are referring to isn't mentioned.

They're probably wrong.
<http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2009/02/w
hy-80-megapixels-just-wont-be-enough.html>

I've said before here, the resolving power of a digital sensor is at best
1/3 of the stated pixel count due to nyquist limits in an off axis
situation - and that's at best.  the article above just goe a little
further :)