Re: Shooting greeting cards

The greeting cards have decorations pasted on them, creating a second and sometimes third layer. To show these layers clearly, I need to put the studio lamp about 60 degrees from the cards, creating shadows. See the second photo here, for example:

http://dayawanpaper.com/products.html

If I use a scanner, the shadows disappear, and the cards look flat.

Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
Why not just scan them on a flatbed scanner.

believed to be clean.