Re: NYU researchers create 'invisible flash;' takes photos without glare

Karl,

    I had a nude model complain about the flash getting to her. Also when I shot sports in the early 1970's the SI (Sport Illustrated ) photographers put strobes in the rafters of the gymnasium to give themselves one more stop of light for basket ball games. If you watch any of the later games of the NCAA basketball tournament today on TV you see the TV flashes a lot in the close fought games blanking out moments in the game. I also heard of wedding guests at receptions standing close by a photographer not even in the picture complaining about flash. But as Andy says if you want pictures of the visible spectrum you need visible light so the blinding light is here to stay..
Roy