gallery this week

Don Feinberg - lighthouse stairway

Beautiful image of a marvelously thoughtfully designed industrial structure. The gold, possibly from the windows?, adds something very nice.

Mark Harris - Engle Light Painted

An interesting shape - egg-shaped. But I wish the light had been used for more than just lighting the egg. I think it's because there's no strong connection for me between the area that's lit and the natural shape of the body.

Don Roberts - Poor Farm Barn

Not sure just which sort of complicated photoshop feature you used to get this. I do see a little blue in some places in the sky so maybe you used layers to retain that? But whatever, I do love the barnboard in various states of verticality. Textures like one sees in buildings like this attract me as well. I'm not sure I'd be as happy with the very intense whites, a little more detail might make me a bit happier, but generally the image is pretty successful for me in a late '30s depression style.

Bob Sull - On Guard

Boy, every state in the union must use that same print in that same color on that same proportion sign! And the gull looks mightly familiar too! Cute and universal.

Marilyn Dalrymple - Topper

There's something about this that looks posed to me, and the pose looks too human for my taste. It's really hard being a cat owner. You imagine when you look into their eyes that they actually feel something, presumably positive, about you and you can see it in their eyes. Maybe you feel that here, Marilyn, so the pose looks feline?

Michael Hughes - In Party Dress

Cultural confusion.  What a curious amalgam of items in a single image.

Chris Strevens - Cup of tea

So strange and so true to life. Milk in the tea. I'd put the cup in the cup holder. Less likely to slip off the dashboard and fall in my lap.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx