Re: Possibly another polarized light souce awaiting application

Roger,

I did and at the top there were only a few (maybe 50?) mentions of a
_photographer_ having run across this and posting images on flickr. It seems
someone startd the ball roling and then a bunch of others followed suit.

There were many mentions of the application of LCDs to photoelasticity, etc.
These were 2 photo mentioned at the top connecting to flickr and the rest
on flickr Photo Sharing:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/technique/discuss/72157602119375803
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swilton/1473396054/

Well, as usual this was nothing new to society ... but it was to me and for a
short time I enjoyed the "discovery" and wrote my own "tutorial" about it ...
but on looking at the links at flikr others beat me to the punch. Oh, well ...

    http://people.rit.edu/andpph/text-polarizer-LCD.html

cheerio,
andy

Roger Eichhorn wrote:
Andy,

Apparently, the effect is well known. Try a google search using "photoelasticity with an LCD monitor." You'll get a bunch of hits.

Roger