Re: Ok so everyone seems to want lively debate (not flame wars)

Mario Pires

> Techniques are essential, we must learn techniques, but only as a means to
> produce a realization of our ideas.

bang on !

too many dwell on technique for sure..

ideally, my take is that a person learns techniques up to the point that they can forget them and have them become part of the person - innate and  intuitive.

> Technique without any idea behind just give birth to hollow photos.

that can happen..

> We can learn techniques, they requere some, or lots of time to master, but
> the most valuable thing in a photo is the realization of an personal idea.
> That's what I'm after.

fair enough ..

so a balance of tech talk and aesthetic talk is reasonable

I hope :)

karl