Re: Ok so everyone seems to want lively debate (not flame wars)

Mario Pires writes:

> What I'm interested is the exchange of IDEAS. Not techniques.
> Techniques are essential, but it depends of the purpose each one has. What i
> find universal and never discussed, are the ideas (or lack of...) behind our
> work.

I meet a lot of people with ideas, few sadly have the technique to pull them off..

ideas are often thrown to the wind, techniques guarded closely.

if I had an idea t produce a *really* graphic black and white photo but no clue as to the technique, no matter how much talking I do about it is going to bring it any closer to reality unless I either experiment like mad - and learn the technique if i'm lucky - or if someone teaches it to me

that's my 2c worth anyway