Re: Ok so everyone seems to want lively debate (not flame wars)

Karl

Techniques are essential, we must learn techniques, but only as a means to produce a realization of our ideas.

Technique without any idea behind just give birth to hollow photos.

We can learn techniques, they requere some, or lots of time to master, but the most valuable thing in a photo is the realization of an personal idea. That's what I'm after.

2008/10/11 karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mario Pires writes:

> What I'm interested is the exchange of IDEAS. Not techniques.
> Techniques are essential, but it depends of the purpose each one has. What i
> find universal and never discussed, are the ideas (or lack of...) behind our
> work.

I meet a lot of people with ideas, few sadly have the technique to pull them off..

ideas are often thrown to the wind, techniques guarded closely.

if I had an idea t produce a *really* graphic black and white photo but no clue as to the technique, no matter how much talking I do about it is going to bring it any closer to reality unless I either experiment like mad - and learn the technique if i'm lucky - or if someone teaches it to me

that's my 2c worth anyway

Mário Pires

Curso de Estética Fotográfica - Começo a 7 de Outubro - http://esteticafotografica.org

retorta@xxxxxxxxx