Re: Ok so everyone seems to want lively debate (not flame wars)

What I'm interested is the exchange of IDEAS. Not techniques.
Techniques are essential, but it depends of the purpose each one has. What i find universal and never discussed, are the ideas (or lack of...) behind our work.
Not everyone has an interest in producing "art photos", but even the carefree hobbyist can use a little level of thought  in what he is doing. I dont mean to have an "intellectual discussion" using obscure words and turn every discussion into a lecture to how off my "suposed knowledge".
Some years ago i started to work on some subdgets over time, using all my available time to pursue them, thay wre based on personal preferences and logistics, and that is a interesting discusion to have with other people. Why are pursuing this or that subdgets, why do you use this camera and aproach end not that one.

Ideas are rarely touched, techniques are overpresent, can we ballance that a bit ?