From: Laurenz Bobke <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 1:33:44 PM
Subject: Re: Ok so everyone seems to want lively debate (not flame wars)

Mark,

the bait sure stinks ;-) but I'll take it.
Personally, I think the tool should be adequate for the subject. In a wide-angle shot of a landscape, I don't have to worry about straight lines but in architecture a shift lens might make sense...
Of course, many problems now can be corrected digitally lateron.

Some of the shots like most among my own photos were taken with really simple cameras.
Digital photography on the other hand is just more convenient for me - plus I don't have to find space for new slides anymore.
I somewhat doubt that there ever will be a time when it will become as "mature" as analogue. Think of computers: as soon as you buy a new one it's starting to get outdated.
I now have a quad core CPU. I'm pretty sure, three years from now I'll have to say: "I only have a quad-core" unless I have upgraded to the new standard by then...

Laurenz