Re: Canon Sure Shot 890

I appreciate your .02 cents, Bob.  It's worth more than that to me{:->

Marilyn
----- Original Message -----
From: Bob W8IMO
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 12:47 PM
Subject: Re: Canon Sure Shot 890

I haven't used a 890 IS but I have experience with the A570IS and A590IS.  They both do well in my opinion

I prefer the A series because they are powered by 2 AA cells which I can get almost anywhere should I need them.  I saw a couple people with cameras that had rechargeable batteries miss getting shots of their loved ones when my son returned from his tour in Afghanistan with the 10th Mountain because of a dead battery.  I would have gladly given them a couple AA cells but they couldn't use them.

dpreview.com rates the 590IS a bit better that the 890IS although I haven't read the reviews I just looked at the stars....

That's my $0.02......

Bob