Re: Canon Sure Shot 890

I haven't used a 890 IS but I have experience with the A570IS and A590IS.  They both do well in my opinion

I prefer the A series because they are powered by 2 AA cells which I can get almost anywhere should I need them.  I saw a couple people with cameras that had rechargeable batteries miss getting shots of their loved ones when my son returned from his tour in Afghanistan with the 10th Mountain because of a dead battery.  I would have gladly given them a couple AA cells but they couldn't use them.

dpreview.com rates the 590IS a bit better that the 890IS although I haven't read the reviews I just looked at the stars....

That's my $0.02......

Bob

Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:
I'm not sure if it is becasue I did not have a subject line in my first message or because no one has had experience with a Canon 890 Sure Shot, but I thought I'd try one more time.

I've done some research on the Internet, but am wondering if anyone on this list has used the Canon Sure Shot 890 IS Elph and if so, if you would be willing to share your thoughts on the camera.

Marilyn