Re: Canon Sure Shot 890

Thank you, Michael.  I appreciate your thoughts on the subject.

Marilyn
----- Original Message ----- From: <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 11:25 AM
Subject: Re: Canon Sure Shot 890

Canon's had a deserving advantage a few years ago, but the other companies have caught up in the interim. The fact is, they all pretty much use the same, or nearly the same size sensor, so increasingly the difference in digicams is merely bells and whistles.

To pay a premium for a feature you may rarely if ever use makes no sense as the market is over-crowded and there is competition aplenty.

For kicks I picked up a Kodak z812 and was very impressed with the quality.

As it was "too big" to fit in her purse I then picked up a Lumix TZ4 with a Leica-designed lens. Again the quality was impressive.

Anyway, these are all good cameras and you can't go wrong with today's digicams

Michael