From: Lea Murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 10:50:18
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students<photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Canon Sure Shot 890

I know this  "a friend of a friend of a friend" sort of deal but....

I have two friends who are avid, avid amateur photogs, they both use
the SureShot line and I'm consistently exceptionally impressed with
the quality of the images they get from their cameras. I can't tell
you the numbers they are using (700, 890, etc) but I can tell you that
when I'm in the market for a new point and shoot that will be the line
I consider first and foremost.

By comparison my little point and shoot is a Lumix something or other
and my bigger point and shoot is a Canon G7. Both serve their purposes
but I honestly think the SureShots have both of mine beat.

Hope this is of some help.

Lea

On Oct 10, 2008, at 10:36 AM, Marilyn Dalrymple wrote:

> I'm not sure if it is becasue I did not have a subject line in my
> first message or because no one has had experience with a Canon 890
> Sure Shot, but I thought I'd try one more time.
>
> I've done some research on the Internet, but am wondering if anyone
> on this list has used the Canon Sure Shot 890 IS Elph and if so, if
> you would be willing to share your thoughts on the camera.
>
> Marilyn

babies. they're what i do.
www.leamurphy.com