Re: Sleuthing for information - another tack on trivia

Hi everyone,

Well ... some things are relatively easy ... others take aGREAT deal of sleuthing!!

Trevor Cunningham wrote:

1. Who is the "principal" person depicted in this photograph?
Robert F. Kennedy

OK - easy

2. When (year ... month ... day) was the photograph made?
my guess is 1965 ... October ... 23rd ... I believe it was a Saturday

I myself am not sure and am trying various ways to pin down the date of the event. I thought the car might provide a good clue but it seems that these special Continentals were used over several years. This one seems very much like a 1965 model meaning that the photograph probably was taken after that date ... but I could be wrong. Was RFK on a tour seeking the nomination? Could be Fall 1965 or Spring of 66?

3. How many people are included in the photograph?
16

Well, there are 7 in the car and 10 on the steps.

4. Where exactly was the photograph made?
"made": in someone's darkroom?
taken: in front of the old eastman building on plymouth ave north?

Very good sleuthing ... how long did it take to get this close to the actual location? BTW, it was Plymouth Avenue South not north but the fact you chose Plymouth Avenue is impressive!

5. Who made the photograph?
I'm going to guess that you made this photo, andy

OK ...easy!

I sent a note to the RFK Library to see if their refernce people might give a hand. Then the local newspapers but that would involve me having to get off my office chair!!

cheerio,
andy