Re: Sleuthing for information - another tack on trivia

On Fri, June 27, 2008 11:40, Don Roberts wrote:
> David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>> On Fri, June 27, 2008 04:50, Trevor Cunningham wrote:
>>

>>> 3. How many people are included in the photograph?
>>> 16
>>>

>> Is there a third person in the front seat that I'm missing, or somebody
>> in
>> a building window, or what?
>>

> Hmm, I thought that I could count 17 with 3 in the front seat and 4 in
> the back seat.  Just a hint of a head on the right side of Kennedy?  May
> be wrong on that.

I found another one (I'd missed before) in the doorway, I think.  In the
left group on the steps, in front is a man you can see most of (head, much
of body, all of one leg and part of another; the missing bits being behind
the stone wall).  That man's head is in front of the light shirt of
another person; and I believe I see a belt and pants below that shirt as
well.  Now, above that shirt, and at the right of this group on the steps,
is an arm.  And between that arm and the shirt, I seem to see a face. I
can't make the arm and face *both* attach properly to the shirt; so I
think it's part of a third person over there.

The other, larger, group, lower and to the right on the steps, seems to
have exactly 8 people in it; this may be the bit we all agree on :-).

The car has a driver, and two people in the back facing mostly away from
us, and Kennedy sitting up high on the seat back, for sure; 4 completely
clear obvious people. Through the windshield, I see a dark coat over a
light shirt, and a hand emerging from a white shirt cuff, which I take to
all be part of a person sitting in the front passenger seat (so that's 5).

And that gets me up to the original poster's number of 16.

Your hint of a head -- are you saying Kennedy's right, or camera right?  I
don't believe in another person camera right, I think we can see too
clearly where everybody is placed for there to be room for another person.

However, there might be one past Kennedy, camera left.  The near corner of
the windshield is over some black thing that does not seem to be on the
building, and does not make sense as a part of the car.  It could well be
a hat worn by a woman in the back seat.  And what I see through the
windshield, just camera-left of the near post, could well be the other
side of that hat, and a head under it, very badly distorted by the curved
glass.  If this is real, it would bring the total up to 17.
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info