Re: Updated comp. sys. (Don)

You don't need to even have a program open to transfer but if you do, you don't need to close it.  On a Mac, drag the image of the card to the trash or choose Eject from the File menu or click on the eject icon in the finder window.  On a Windows machine, there should be an icon at the right side bottom of the screen that is for disconnecting hardware or ejecting drives.  Use that.  The card reader can stay plugged in if you are on a desktop machine.  Do not unplug a USB reader while the icon of the card is showing.  After the card is ejected the USB card reader will not show up on the desktop until you plug in another card.
Don

Shyrell Melara wrote:
By 'eject the drive', do you mean, close out the program on the desktop
and then disconnect the USB before removing the card? More of my
ignorance showing. (My parents always said that asking questions is how
we learn!)
:)
Shyrell

There are many different card readers available.  Most are about the
size of a deck of cards or smaller and will read multiple types of
cards.  Usually, a simple USB hook up.  When you insert your camera card
into the reader it will appear like a drive on your desktop.  Be sure to
eject the drive from desktop before removing card.
Don

Shyrell Melara wrote:

Thanks Don. My problem now is, what does the card reader look like and
does it go inside the computer or hook up outside with a USB? I haven't
had this problem before. Thanks, S.