Re: Photographers Still Using Film

I still keep a Nikon F4, and use it for making pictures that I believe would be more acceptable in court, but I have never used it for about four years otherwise, primarily because doing so would require me to use my eight-year old Nikon Coolscan IV ED. The process is slow -- about two minutes per frame. So, I've turned digital.

This week, out of curiousity, I ran some old and new negatives and slides through my Coolscan, and was dismayed to discover that half of each frame looks brighter and foggy. So, I will have the machine fixed possibly in Thailand, since there's no Nikon service shop in the Philippines. This is definitely expensive, so I don't see it happening soon.

Elson

TRASH ARCHAEOLOGY
http://elson.elizaga.net/trash.html