Re: Photographers Still Using Film

karl shah-jenner wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Dyer-Bennet"

: karl shah-jenner wrote:
: > The estimated costings in the course literature gave prices people could expect to spend each year on photo gear - it was the same amount for all three
: >
: > : : Do you think that's still true now? I don't have a collection of old : prices at my fingers now, but I have very clear memories of studying : those prices every month for 30 years, and I couldn't afford to get into : medium format, it cost multiple times what 35mm did for a basic outfit.

from what I see here (or did when I last looked) yes.

In the second hand market, we see this reflected in repuatable shops: a fuji gx680 (drool!) with a 180mm and a 250mm costs $2200
a hasselbad 500cm body is $500
an EL/M bosy is $250

a Canon 1V body is over $1000
a Canon AE-1 $250

but it must be a country thing is as you say, us prices are multiples of dollars more than 35mm prices

Used MF gear has come down a fair amount it looks like; but at this point giving up the digital capture would be too painful for me. Plus the cost of a medium-format scanner, and learning to do wet-mounting (shudder).

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info