Re: Photographers Still Using Film

more on this:

Me:
: > The rule always was, a kit cost the same amount whether it be 35mm, MF or LF.  A good body, a short, 'standard' and long lens, darkbag and appropriate film holders.

David:
: Huh?  Never even vaguely true anytime during my phtographic life (since
: 1969 let's say).  MF was tremendously more expensive than 35mm, which is
: why I've never really gotten into it (had a Yashicamat 124G, had a
: Fujica GS645, had a Norita Graflex that was given to me).

The photo course here required students have a 35mm outfit for first year, a MF for second and a LF outfit (4x5) for third, students had to buy them before semester started..

again we'd have over a thousand people lining up for the 30 places each year. The estimated costings in the course literature gave prices people could expect to spend each year on photo gear - it was the same amount for all three

karl