Re: anybody there?

"> What is the difference when we shoot out-of-focus background in purpose or
by mistake?"

I think Sheppard's point was that the photographer should know what, why and how they are achieving a certain effect. Or, know your equipment and how to use it. Anyway, that's my take on it.

Marilyn

If there IS any difference, how to recognize it? Supposing the composition being similar. Sometimes the difference in in photographer's name, but what, if both are nonames?
Or both are Names!
E.g. Phil Borges seldom has his backgrounds sharp, Jerry N. Uelsmann does.
Me - I have both. Where's the formula?
Bad thinking? Perhaps.
I suspect the fault is in EU Directives, that make our weathers in Europe so uniform, dull and full of germs.

Peeter