Re: Photographers Still Using Film

At 12:03 PM -0700 1/17/08, Ken Sinclair wrote:
and can go to bed at night believing we have been in 'control' from the beginning.

Well, all the rest of your arguments have their attractions but control is simply not relevant - all the way back to the first DSLR there has been no difference between having control over a camera with film and having control over a camera with a digital sensor.

And, having spent many hours in darkrooms and many hours in my studio with my computer and Photoshop, there is no difference in the amount of control in the two methods.

However, there are some big differences - in use of water and paper, environmental hazards, and probably cost as well. Some of them legislate for the computer pretty powerfully.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx