Re: PF exhibit update May 19, 2007

At 11:33 AM -0400 5/19/07, ADavidhazy wrote:
The PhotoForum members' gallery/exhibit space was updated May 19 2007. Authors
with work now on display at:  http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html include:

                Rene M Hales p- Buddha in My Garden

I like the way the vignetting, point of view and palette reinforce the closed eyelids of the buddha. The image is very tender and modest and that is pleasing to me.

                Elson T. Elizaga - Hard Food

Oh dear. The tears must be only a few moments beyond this! Interesting how much the eyes reveal - a mixture of "this is a hard substance" and "You gave me this? I'm no longer so sure I can trust you"

                Tim Mulholland - Fox Pups

Yeah. Wothehell, crop it. Isn't it amazing how close things have to be to actually be photographed. I keep learning this over and over again every time I go out and see some bird I want to get a photo of.

And then tweak the contrast to make the little guys pop a bit.

                Roy Miller - Untitled faces and lips

It's amazingly difficult to make this technique work. I once thought I had the perfect shot to make one of these kaleidoscope things of and discovered in the trying just how much thought and time goes into it. For me, I'd like to result to be beautiful, however. To me this one is not doing that part.

                Roger Eichhorn - La Rabida Monastery

Yeah. My kind of shot. I like the glow from the windows, the perspective makes me feel comfortable, just a nice image.

                Emily L. Ferguson - Bobbi and Elizabeth

It was fun seeing what people could make of the title. Even Andy was perplexed. Some week soon you'll find out more. I did the best I could to get rid of the cars. Unfortunately I couldn't ask them to go away.

                Guy Glorieux - 1822-1877 - Layton, NJ

What, no pinhole? Guy, what's happened! I'm uncomfortable with the placement of the headstone. Such a sharp edge smack in the middle. Maybe you intended that?

                Howard Leigh - Louvre Paris, February 2007

Neat-o. Good noticing. I actually like the tent. It's a reminder that the architects' works of art are a real place.

                Kostas Papakotas - Red on Green

Another mystery. I dunno, Kostas. I think it's been done many times before, but each person has to do some things which have been done before, just to decide whether they fit the person. Do you feel this fits you?

                Steve Shapiro - Tree of Light

Interesting. The light's on the earth below the tree. One cliché would be to lie down on the ground and shoot up through the tree so the light's behind it. Another would be to go to the other side of the tree and back light it with the sunset over the ocean beyond it. What to do, what to do... Change the name? undo the sepia? Raise the midtones? Burn the ground? Very carefully dodge the tree and burn the bushes behind it?

Thanks to all for all the work you do. Here's a toast to next week's gallery. Get your pictures in tonight. And a toast to Andy with his bottles of pills making him more well every day.

--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx