Re: PF main exhibit on 05/07/07

7 maj 2007 kl. 03.01 skrev Cap'n Jimmy:

... and Lea has a really good observation in that the list is what it is....people post or not post, comment or not comment given the vagaries of their lives...there is a Zen principle called *minding your own business* in which serenity and peace of mind come from letting people be who they are without attempting to change them...which, I've noticed in my life experience, is impossible anyway....

OK, I sided with Guy in this debate, and I still do, but I see the wisdom in the above points too. What I feel was Guy´s main point, and certainly what hit my own conscience, was the awareness that the price for the benefits of belonging to a good group is a modicum of personal effort in doing something for it. This effort could be in selecting one´s best images, not just what survived after culling the last shoot. In taking the time to really look at the gallery and try to verbalize what we think about each image. In actually writing down and posting our comments. In taking the risk of being frank with images that we find less than good (This is always individual, so why dramatize it? It is an opinion, not a final verdict).

Most of us have weeks when we have good reasons for being passive, often for extended periods. But not all the time for any one, and not the same time for every one... The problem now is that it is beginning to look like most of the time for most of us, and if that goes on, people will drop out.

Some effort is needed to stop this.  YOUR effort.  Isn´t it worth it?

Per Öfverbeck
http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"