Re: PF main exhibit on 05/07/07

Per Öfverbeck wrote:
"...What I feel was Guy´s main point,
and certainly what hit my own conscience, was the awareness that the
price for the benefits of belonging to a good group is a modicum of
personal effort in doing something for it.  This effort could be in
selecting one´s best images, not just what survived after culling the
last shoot.  In taking the time to really look at the gallery and try
to verbalize what we think about each image.  In actually writing
down and posting our comments.  In taking the risk of being frank
with images that we find less than good (This is always individual,
so why dramatize it?  It is an opinion, not a final verdict)."
Per, you have stated my views in a much simpler way and much less confontational way than I did.  Thank you so much.

"Most of us have weeks when we have good reasons for being passive,
often for extended periods.  But not all the time for any one, and
not the same time for every one...  The problem now is that it is
beginning to look like most of the time for most of us, and if that
goes on, people will drop out.

Some effort is needed to stop this.  YOUR effort.  Isn´t it worth it?"
It was totally inappropriate for me to point fingers at individuals.  Indeed each has their own excellent reasons for their involvement or lack of presence and I have absolutely no right to comment.  My sincere apologies to each and everyone on this

This said, as Per so simply wrote it, when there are too many contributors away for long periods, this weakens the list and reduces the incentive for others to get involved.

I personally have tried to be more active with respect to the gallery since early this year.  But we need more activity on that front.  So please, all you lurkers out there, don't be shy.  Come and post your work, so that we can get a better sense of what you are involved in your photographic work and discuss issues encountered when producing this work for clients.

Best regards,

Guy

http://ofverbeck.se

"In a world without walls or fences, who needs Windows or Gates?"