About my rant...

Dear fellow members:

I have carefully read the replies to my rant.
Here are a few reactions for those who may have the time and interest to read:

-- Who am I to make my rant? Just one who has been around for 11 years and who believes from his tiny experience in the world that the list is under risk of disappearing - as has happened to several other significant photographer's lists that have virtually vanished elsewhere on the web - from the weakening involvement of significant participants (whatever the reasons might be for such weakening).

-- Why should I bother? Because I care for this list. I have no problem accepting other people's opinion but it is not my intention not to remain silent if I have an issue, notwithstanding other's opinion.

-- What if the list disappears? We'll all have plenty of free time on our hands for doing better and greater things.

-- Did I ruffle feathers? No doubt, but certainly with no intention to hurt.

-- Guilty of not minding my business? Absolutely, inasmuch as the list is not my business but that of all it's members, but with no intention to get into the personal life of list members. Apologies if I did, Jimmy and others

-- What I have done to help the list? Posted, critiqued, discussed, asked questions, offered answers, ranted, and kept silent on more occasions than I can count.

-- The list has changed, photography has changed, the world has changed, my whole world has changed since 1996 when I first joined. I certainly do not miss the acrimonious exchanges of times past. But I do miss the hard-nosed comments which are expected to come from experienced professionnals. My guilt for not doing more for the benefit of others. Shared guilt.

-- Respecting the postcard exchange, some will remember that the 1st exchange came out from a private exchange on like issues I had with Luis at the time. I had referred to my experience with the easy-going exchanges on the pinhole list and the ongoing system of postcard exchanges I and a few other pinholers had organized a year before. We talked about the relevance for the PF and how to adjust the concept for the PF. He then got the ball rolling. The Pinhole postcard activity is still going on yearly and is the only remnant of the said list (otherwise defunct for all intents and purposes). I would hate to see that happen with the PF.

-- Linda, thanks for coming back. Thanks for stating that you could'nt find as good a list as this one.

-- Marilyn, thanks for the decaf' coffee reference. I'm sure I'll find many occasion to try it. -:))

-- Alfredo, thanks for your constructive proposal for a themed gallery.

-- Andy, many thanks for accepting to take that project forward: you are indeed the real Lifeline of the PF.

Best regards to all,

Guy