Re: What do you use for in-the field digital storage?

Pini writes:

: At the past I used Flash Trax 20Gb of SmartDisk. Don't buy their products
!
: The screen became nonoperative short time after the one year warranty
: was ended but they refused to fix it.
:
: Now I bought a "Vosonic" VP8350 20Gb hard drive + multi card reader +
: 3.5" Screen .
: I'm very pleased with it but I regret about the 20Gb. I think I"ll need
: more.

Save some money and rather than upgrading, pick yourself up another laptop
hard drive from any online computer store and change the drive over
yourself!  It's pretty straightforward..

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/review/vosonic_vp3320_xs_drive

I have one vosonic and a cheapie  'LOOK' USB 2.0 OTG Digital Partner from
china which cost me about $35 USD then I popped in the hard drive myself.
I spoke of both of these quite some time back..

the advantage of the latter being it had a USB interface rather than
specific card slots so all one needed was a simple USB card reader
appropriate to the card then hit 'copy' and the lights flash then it beeps
to tell you the job's done :)  I don't think this style is available any
more (might be wrong!) but it was nice - plug in the flash drive to back
that up, plug in the miniSD reader and back up the phone, the sony memory
stick reader & copy everything, switch in the CF USB adapter and there we
have it - everything I owned backed up :)    No display though which is a
good thing - the battery lasts a LOT longer without having to power a
display (most of which are really useless for seeing anything unless
they're bigger than 7") and the thing was powered with AA's or
rechargeables - a lot less of a hastle than carrying specific chargers or
having to rely on mains power when you are in remote locations..

For the laptop users there's also the multicard adapter - I have one
similar to this one:
http://www.synchrotech.com/products/media-adapters_02.html which I leave in
my laptop all the time ( a teeny lifebook with a touchscreen)