Re: white point (was custom white balance)

At 10:05 AM 2/4/2007, you wrote:
For me, it doesn't take two or three seconds (I must not be as fast or as good) and doing it right in the first place saves me time in the long run.

I don't think its a matter of your skill or ability, its a software problem. Getting it right in the first place is best and always has been and it is relatively easy in an environment where the photographer controls the light. Changing light, mixed source and ambient reflected light plus a ton of other problems can make you chase the white point instead of taking pictures.

I envy those who see color correctly but I find I often do not. Hence the white balance.

Lea

Actually, seeing color correctly is more of a problem than some people think. If you know an object is white your brain will tell it is white in any reasonable light unless you are careful.

Dave