Re: OT questions , was vista

Howard wrote:

Emily - of course! But whilst WD is free I'm not too bothered. Regardless of Windows, there will always be crooks and swindlers out in the world. MS is no better perhaps, but the only alternative is Apple Mac. And they're also in the game to make money! But MS is the big one and that's why it's targeted. I don't believe in the altruism of business bosses, computer programmers, hackers, crackers or anyone else. Aren't I cynical! Well maybe photographers.

Howard,

There are other alternatives...... Red Hat, SuSE, and Mandrake to name a few. MSis the big one because unsuspecting computer buyers get trapped since Windblows is packaged with thier computers. Not vey long ago Wal*Mart was selling computers with Lindows installed. Lindows was a Linux like OS . MS took Lindows to court and LOST! But I don't know if Lindows survuved the tactics of MS.......

Bob

--

                          /////
                         ( O O )