Re: OT questions , was vista

microsoft has been Beta trialling a spyware program "Windows Defender" and it seems to work fairly well. I also has a combination set of programs from my ISP, ntlworld which seem very good. I did a complete scan yesterday using an independent malware scanner but nothing there.

Howard

PhotoRoy6@xxxxxxx wrote:
Use all the programs from the same company. If your with Norton go with Norton's spy ware and firewall etc. I used to use Norton but had AOL's McAfee firewall and one time upgrading Norton virus definition windows XPstopped booting (actually it got to a point and started reboot over and over again).. I switched every thing over to AOL ( which is McAfee). because it was free. I have heard tha Microsoft now has a spyware program and virus program too to go with it firewall but I don't know if it is available to the public.