Re: Easy stealing during DIGITAL ERA

E Berlin wrote:

Alexander Georgiadis wrote:

Oh, and fuck the semantics.

Words are the most important tool we have for communicating with other people, so questions of what they mean are among the most crucial questions.

> True, and yet not so true.
>
> I can't count the number of times I've witnessed person B's attempt to trump
> the argument of person A by a purely sophistical attempt to claim B's own
> "expert" status. I often take that as a sign of a lack of confidence in
> one's own argument because it doesn't stand on its own without erecting a
> jargon-based scaffolding around it.

"Expert" status is an almost unrelated issue. And, in general, an expert should be able to produce a better argument, so trying to trade on the status is often a bit of a danger sign, I agree.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b@xxxxxxxx; http://dd-b.net/dd-b
Pics: http://dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum, http://dd-b.net/photography/gallery