GET WELL SOON

Andy,
For many years I have closely monitored and significantly profited from Photoforum.  I very much miss some of the erudite, astute, and penetrating observations posted by such learned and intellectually stimulating people as "chilled delirium" ( I don't remember his real name but he was a remarkable genius, as were a few others who no longer post.  I always wonder what happened to them and why they stopped posting).  I have never submitted any of my images ( virtually all large format film), because all my life I have made photographs and printed them primarily for my own, my family's, and friends' pleasure.  I have been urged to sell my prints, but it would be like selling my children.  The reason I am posting now is to tell you that I have always admired your most patient and wise and tolerant leadership in making photoforum the success it has always been, and I also marvel at your personal photographs that you have posted on the forum throughout the years.  You are clearly gifted in the academic as well as the artistic realm. I normally do not post any messages or comments on Photoforum, but your current situation prompts me to share with you that my heart goes out to you as you cope with your medical procedure; I am not religious, but I have prayed for you and will continue to do so.
Joe Guerra