Re: judging book

> I tell my students never to judge a photograph by
> how much work went into
> making it.

Hmmmm... But I do tell mine to appreciate "what" was
done, and most important, how the photographer tried
to convey a message. In commercial photography, "how
much work" can make a sale, thanks to hype.

> ... Some great
> images were shot simply.
> Other ...
> forced through PS for hours and still turned out
> mediocre.

But the reverse is also true. There's no causal
relationship here.

> Why should that change with knowledge of the
> process?

If by "process" you mean "printing" or maybe
"retouching" (technical things), I tend to agree in
principle. However, I insist, a creative process
involves cultural background, narrative (elements in
interplay) and simple visual impact.

I'm trying to balance on your comments, but I'm not
sure I get your point.

Best regards,

www.alberto-tirado.com
johnploy.blogspot.com

Sponsored Link

Don't quit your job - take classes online
www.Classesusa.com