judging book

I tell my students never to judge a photograph by how much work went into
making it.
A photograph lives or dies on the wall. Some great images were shot simply.
Other images were previsualized and shot with reams of notes for processing;
forced through PS for hours and still turned out mediocre.

Look at the image; make an educated, critical evaluation of a 2-dimensional
piece of visual art.

Why should that change with knowledge of the process?

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology
Muscat